This tasty Chicken Parmesan tastes as good as the traditional version with much less effort to get that crispy coating. The air fryer will even do a great job of melting and broiling your cheese for a perfect cheesy, crispy bite! The Best Chicken Parmesan with a deliciously crispy coating, smothered in a rich homemade tomato sauce and melted mozzarella cheese!
If you love a crispy crumb coating vs a soggy crumb, look no further than this recipe! The best you will ever make! For the purpose of giving you the ultimate flavor experience, I have provided a homemade tomato sauce. You are more than welcome to use store bought pasta sauce or marinara sauce.
When running out of options on what to feed your family…look no further than these crispy succulent chicken breasts with so much melty cheesy and tasty red sauce! This is an easy dinner in your Air Fryer and the entire family is going to love it. We like to pair it with steamed vegetables, zoodles or pasta! Make it your own!!Print
Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
- Prep Time: :20
- Cook Time: :13
- Total Time: :33
- Yield: 4
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: Italian
Freshly ground black pepper
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
2 large eggs
1 cup panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1 cup marinara sauce
1 cup shredded mozzarella
Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- Carefully butterfly chicken by cutting in half widthwise to create 4 thin pieces of chicken. Season on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Prepare dredging station: Place flour in a shallow bowl and season with a large pinch of salt and pepper. Place eggs in a second bowl and beat. In a third bowl, combine bread crumbs, Parmesan, oregano, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes.
- Working with one piece of a chicken at a time, coat in flour, then dip in eggs, and finally press into panko mixture making sure both sides are coated well.
- Working in batches as necessary, place chicken in basket of air fryer and cook at 400° for 5 minutes on each side. Top chicken with sauce and mozzarella and cook at 400° for 3 minutes more or until cheese is melty and golden.
- Garnish with parsley to serve.
Keywords: Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan