A Yummy Bacon & Egg Breakfast Grilled Cheese sandwich! Grilled cheese isn’t just for lunch or dinner, add a fried egg and some bacon for a yummy breakfast version. This doubly good breakfast sandwich combines a load of favorites all in one! The crunchy on the outside, warm and gooey on the inside texture along with the smoky flavor from the bacon really makes you just close your eyes and go “ohhh yeah”. Oh yeah, and the kids love it. Don’t forget about that!
Imagine starting your day off with a hearty and gooey Bacon and Egg Breakfast Grilled Cheese! This recipe is an excellent source of protein and choline, and a good source of vitamin A and folate. So wether you have a late night craving, or looking for a quick and easy breakfast the whole family will enjoy, this has got to be on your top 5 list of things to make!
Not what you are looking for? Try these other great breakfast recipes:Print
Bacon & Egg Breakfast Grilled Cheese
A Yummy Bacon & Egg Breakfast Grilled Cheese sandwich! Grilled cheese isn’t just for lunch or dinner, add a fried egg and some bacon for a yummy breakfast version.
- Prep Time: :04
- Cook Time: :08
- Total Time: :12
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- 2 EGGS
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tsp. butter, room temperature, DIVIDED
- 4 slices whole wheat OR white bread
- 2 slices Co-Jack cheese or cheese of choice
- 4 slices fully-cooked bacon
- HEAT 1 tsp. butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Crack eggs and fry as desired. REMOVE from pan. CLEAN skillet.
- SPREAD remaining 2 tsp. butter evenly on one side of each bread slice. PLACE 2 slices in skillet, buttered side down. TOP each evenly with an egg, cheese and bacon. COVER with remaining bread, buttered side up.
- GRILL sandwiches over medium heat, turning once, until bread is toasted and cheese is melted, 2 to 4 minutes. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 2
Keywords: Bacon & Egg Breakfast Grilled Cheese