Indulge in a healthier take on classic Korean chicken wings with this delicious and addictive baked Korean chicken wings recipe. These wings are the perfect balance of flavors, with a little sweetness, spiciness, tanginess, and savory goodness in every bite.
What sets these wings apart is that they are baked instead of fried, making them a healthier option without sacrificing any of the mouthwatering flavors you expect from Korean cuisine. You can feel good about enjoying these wings without worrying about excess oil and calories.
To create this dish, you’ll start by marinating the chicken in a blend of seasonings that include soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and brown sugar. The wings are then baked to perfection, resulting in tender, juicy meat that’s infused with the flavors of the marinade.
These baked Korean chicken wings are perfect for any occasion, whether you’re serving them as a party appetizer or enjoying them as a main course. So why not add some excitement to your next meal with this irresistible recipe? Try it today and savor the delicious taste of Korean cuisine in a healthier way!Print
Baked Korean Chicken Wings
Baked Korean Chicken Wings – Healthy, delicious and addictive baked Korean chicken wings recipe!
- Prep Time: :25
- Marinade Time: 4:00
- Cook Time: :50
- Total Time: 5:15
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Korean
- 1kg (2.2 pounds) chicken wings (drumettes & wingettes – even chicken thighs)
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp dried rosemary leaves
- roasted sesame seeds (optional) – to garnish
- green onions, chopped (optional) – to garnish
- Marinade (mix these together in a bowl)
- 1 Tbsp Korean chili flakes (Gochugaru)
- 1 Tbsp Korean chili paste (Gochujang)
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp msg free oyster sauce
- 1 Tbsp rice wine
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- Rinse the chicken in cold tap water and put it into a bowl. Add the milk, salt, black pepper and rosemary leaves then mix them well. Cover the bowl and leave it in the fridge for about 20 minutes. Drain off the milk. (Leave any rosemary residue on the chicken as it is. It will add a nice aroma once baked.)
- Put the chicken into a large zipper lock bag and add the sauce. Seal the bag and vigorously shake the bag and massage the chicken so that the sauce smears well into the chicken. Alternatively, you can use a brush to paste the sauce onto the chicken. Marinate it for at least 4 hrs in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven at 240 C/ 464 F (on the fan forced setting) for 20 mins. Take the chicken out from the fridge. Lay down a baking paper on top of the oven tray and line up the chicken. Make sure they are not stacked up on top of each other.
- Put the tray into the oven and bake it at 240 C/ 464 F for 10 mins. Take the tray out and turn the chicken over and put it back in the oven. Bake it a further 10 mins or until charred on the skin.
- Serve – Optionally, garnish with some sesame seeds and/or green onion.
Keywords: Baked Korean Chicken Wings