Welcome to the world of home-cooked indulgence with this Bistro-Style Short Ribs recipe – a classic and approachable recipe that brings the richness of red wine-marinated short ribs to your dinner table. These succulent ribs boast a melt-in-your-mouth tenderness that elevates any meal.
Picture this: juicy braised ribs, marinated to perfection in red wine, creating a sumptuous sauce that adds depth and flavor. The magic happens during the braising process in a dutch oven, where these ribs transform into a savory delight that’s both impressive and surprisingly easy to achieve.
This recipe is your gateway to the irresistible world of braised ribs – a culinary adventure that promises to make you a home cook hero. Imagine serving these delectable ribs over a bed of creamy mashed potatoes or alongside buttered noodles, soaking up every bit of that rich, savory goodness.
Whether you’re a seasoned home cook or just starting your culinary journey, this recipe offers a comforting and delicious experience that will have you savoring each bite. With simplicity at its core, this recipe invites you to explore the delightful world of braising, where extraordinary flavors are born in the heart of your home kitchen. Get ready to impress and indulge in the joy of cooking with this mouthwatering recipe.
This recipe pairs very well with Make-Ahead Mashed Potatoes, Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes or Garlic Goat Cheese Mashed Potatoes. Serve this with some broiled Cheesy Garlic Bread, homemade Ciabatta Bread or some crusty French Bread. Add in a garden fresh salad and what a perfect meal.Print
Bistro-Style Short Ribs
These Bistro-Style Short Ribs are meltingly tender and marinated in red wine for a rich sauce. They’re fabulous over mashed potatoes or buttered noodles. If you weren’t already sure about how easy and delicious braised short ribs can be, consider this classic and straightforward recipe an excellent gateway in to the world of short ribs.
- Prep Time: :30
- Cook Time: 3:00
- Total Time: 3:30
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Entree
- Method: Stovetop
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 pounds short ribs, in 1 long piece or at least in pairs
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 large tomato, quartered
- 3 ribs celery
- 1/2 head garlic, peeled
- 1/4 bunch fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 cups dry red wine
- 2 cups low-sodium, organic beef stock
- 4 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat a cast iron grill or outdoor grill.
- Season the short ribs with salt and pepper, drizzle with a little extra-virgin olive oil, and brown on all sides.
- Place the onion, garlic, celery, carrot, and tomato into a food processor and blend until you reach a consistent, smooth pulp.
- Take a large Dutch oven and place over medium-high heat. Add a 3-count of extra-virgin olive oil and add the thyme to infuse the oil. Next add the vegetable pulp, season with salt and pepper, to taste, and cook for about 10 minutes. Pour in the red wine and stock and bring it to a boil. Using tongs take the ribs and nestle them into the braising mix; the liquid should just about cover the meat. Place the lid loosely on top, reduce heat to a simmer and cook until the meat is very tender, approximately 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- When the ribs are about finished, remove about 1 to 2 cups of liquid and strain into a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Heat the sauce until slightly reduced and thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Serve with Mashed Potatoes.
Keywords: Bistro-Style Short Ribs