Try this excellent Bayou Fried Shrimp recipe.Print
Bayou Fried Shrimp
For these Cajun-flavored Bayou Fried Shrimp, peel the shrimp but leave the tails on and coat the shrimp in fish fry mix to get a crispy brown coating.
Also pairs well with Parmesan Asparagus or Garlicky Roasted Broccoli.
- 3 pounds unpeeled, large raw shrimp
- 2 cups milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 (12-oz.) package fish fry mix
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- Vegetable oil
- Remoulade Sauce
- 1. Peel shrimp, leaving tails on. Butterfly shrimp by making a deep slit down back of each from large end to tail, cutting to but not through inside curve of shrimp. Devein shrimp, and place in a large bowl.
- 2. Whisk together milk and next 3 ingredients. Pour mixture over shrimp. Let stand at least 15 minutes or up to 1 hour.
- 3. Combine fish fry mix and 1 Tbsp. Cajun seasoning. Dredge shrimp in fish fry mixture, and shake off excess. Arrange on baking sheets.
- 4. Pour oil to a depth of 3 inches into a Dutch oven; heat to 325º. Fry shrimp, in batches, 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until golden brown; drain on wire racks over paper towels.
- Serving Size: 6