How to Roast a Perfect Chicken with Sage and Garlic
This simple but delicious Roast Chicken with Sage and Garlic is based on a recipe in Olives and Oranges by Sara Jenkins and Mindy Fox. Roasted chicken is one of my favorite recipes to make at home. When it comes to roasting the perfect chicken, seasoning is key. It’s important to use the right herbs and spices to make sure your bird is full of flavor and not just plain. Sage and garlic are two ingredients that always pair perfectly together, creating a savory combination that will take your roasted chicken to the next level.
Nothing beats the scent of a roasting Chicken wafting through the kitchen. This classic dish is surprisingly easy to make and is sure to impress your family and friends. With just a few simple steps, you can create a tender, flavorful and juicy roast chicken that is sure to become a staple in your home. In this blog post, we will discuss how to prepare a perfect Roast Chicken with Sage and Garlic, don’t forget a great Roasting Pan.Print
Roast Chicken with Sage and Garlic
This simple but delicious Roast Chicken with Sage and Garlic is based on a recipe in Olives and Oranges by Sara Jenkins and Mindy Fox.
- Prep Time: :20
- Cook Time: 1:20
- Total Time: 1:40
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Roasted
- 1 4–lb. chicken
- 1 lemon
- 22 fresh sage leaves
- 3 cloves garlic
- 6 tbsp. unsalted butter,
- at room temperature
- Kosher salt
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 sprigs parsley
- 2 small onions, quartered
- 2 carrots, cut into 2” pieces
- Fleur de sel
- Heat oven to 475°. Rinse chicken under cold water; pat dry with paper towels. Peel lemon, avoiding white pith. Finely chop lemon peel, sage, and garlic together; place in a bowl. Add butter and 1 tsp. salt. Stir to combine. Quarter the peeled lemon; set aside.
- Using your fingers and a small, sharp knife, loosen skin of chicken from breasts and thighs. Slip butter mixture between skin and flesh, spreading it evenly. Rub skin with oil; season skin and cavity with salt and pepper to taste. Stuff with quartered lemon, parsley, and 1 quartered onion. Tie legs together with kitchen twine, if you like.
- Put remaining quartered onion and carrots into center of roasting pan and place chicken on top of them. Roast for 20 minutes, then reduce oven temperature to 400˚. Continue roasting until an instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of thigh (without touching bone) reads 165°, about 1 hour more. Transfer chicken to a platter; sprinkle with Fleur de sel; let rest for 10 minutes before carving.
- Serving Size: 4
Keywords: Roast Chicken with Sage and Garlic