Try the Mousetrap grilled cheese, super yummy!Print
The Mousetrap – A toasted sandwich, grilled cheese sandwich, cheese toastie, or grilled cheese is a hot sandwich made with one or more varieties of cheese on bread. Spreading a mixture of mayo and butter on the bread creates a delightfully crispy crust with the well-loved, wonderful flavor of butter one expects on a grilled cheese sandwich. After rigorous scientific testing for this best-ever grilled cheese, we’ve determined that sandwiches sliced in half on a diagonal actually taste better.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 15
- 4 tsp Tillamook Salted Butter softened at room temperature
- 4 tsp mayo
- 4 Tillamook Sharp Cheddar Cheese Slices
- 4 Tillamook Monterey Jack Cheese Slices
- 4 slices creamy Havarti Cheese
- 8 slices high-quality Sourdough bread
- Spread butter & mayo on one side of each slice of bread. Place bread buttered side down. Layer 1 slice of Sharp Cheddar on each of 4 slices of bread, then Monterey Jack, then Havarti.
- Sandwiches can be cooked open face on a preheated cast-iron pan in a 500°F oven, then closed and served, or can be closed, then cooked in a pan on a stove top over medium-low heat until bread is toasted and cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 4