The Best Beef Carnitas Recipe for Amazing Tacos
If you’re looking for an easy and flavorful way to make amazing tacos, you’ve got to try this Beef Carnitas recipe! It’s super tasty, simple to make, and uses inexpensive beef stew meat, making it a great option for a budget-friendly meal. Our testers gave it the highest rating for great flavor and versatility, and we guarantee that you and your family will love it. So get ready for some delicious tacos with the best Beef Carnitas recipe around!
Serve with Spanish Rice and Cheesy Refried Bean Casserole. Here are some very good accompaniments for this recipe homemade Classic Mexican Guacamole, Jalapeño Salsa and Mexican Salsa just to name a few. Make it your own and customize to your tastes.
The origins of Carnitas can be traced back to Mexico, where it has been a traditional dish since the 16th century. As Spanish settlers moved into Mexico, they brought with them their own methods of cooking and ingredients, resulting in the creation of this wonderful dish.
Beef Carnitas is a form of slow-cooked shredded beef that is usually cooked in lard and served in tacos or burritos. The meat is slow-cooked for several hours, usually until it is fall-apart tender. It is then drained and the fat is discarded, leaving only the delicious and juicy beef.
In traditional Mexican cuisine, Carnitas is commonly served as tacos with fresh cilantro, diced onions, diced tomatoes, jalapenos, and lime wedges. For an even more flavor-packed meal, you can also serve your beef carnitas with warm tortillas, salsa, sour cream, guacamole, or your favorite hot sauce.
Beef Carnitas is becoming increasingly popular outside of Mexico, due to its ease of preparation and flavorful taste. Whether you’re a fan of Mexican cuisine or just looking for something new to try, this dish is sure to please!Print
Such an easy recipe that yields loads of Beef Carnitas. Great for Tacos. This simple recipe, which uses inexpensive beef stew meat, garnered our highest rating for great flavor and versatility.
- Prep Time: :20
- Cook Time: 1:30
- Total Time: 1:50
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup less-sodium beef broth
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 large unpeeled orange wedge
- Heat a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onion; sauté 4 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add beef; sauté 5 minutes or until beef is browned on all sides. Stir in broth, sugar, salt, and pepper; nestle orange section into beef mixture. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 1 ½ hours or until beef is tender. Remove and discard orange. Continue simmering, uncovered, 8 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates, stirring frequently.
- To freeze the carnitas, wrap them tightly in heavy-duty plastic wrap or foil, and place in a zip-top plastic freezer bag; they will keep in the freezer for up to three months.
Keywords: Beef Carnitas