The Yummiest Panko Crusted Shrimp with Chive Aioli
Are you looking for a tasty and easy-to-make dinner? Look no further than Panko Crusted Shrimp with Chive Aioli! This delicious and crunchy dish is made with seasoned shrimp that are coated with crispy panko crumbs, making for a mouth-watering dinner that your family and friends are sure to love. With its unique combination of flavors, this Shrimp with Chive Aioli recipe is sure to become a staple in your home. Also, check out PrimeWater Seafood for shrimp that is SUSTAINABLY RAISED & TRACEABLE.
Shrimp and prawn are types of seafood that are consumed worldwide. Although shrimp and prawns belong to different suborders of Decapoda, they are very similar in appearance and the terms are often used interchangeably in commercial farming and wild fisheries. wikipedia
The antioxidants in shrimp are good for your health. These substances can protect your cells against damage. Studies suggest that the antioxidant astaxanthin helps prevent wrinkles and lessens sun damage. Shrimp also has plenty of selenium.
Is Panko Crusted Shrimp not quite what you are looking for? Try these other amazing Appetizer recipes:
- Slow Cooker Mahogany Chicken Wings
- Marinated Portobello Mushrooms
- Cheesy Cauliflower Tots
- Mini Buffalo Chicken Balls
Panko Crusted Shrimp with Chive Aioli
Crunchy, yummy shrimp! Shrimp are seasoned and coated with crispy panko crumbs to make the easiest, tastiest deep-fried shrimp ever!
- Prep Time: :15
- Cook Time: :10
- Total Time: :25
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Stove Top
- 1 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons cornstrach
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- canola oil for frying
- 1/2 cup 2% Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Combine 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs, parsley and red pepper flakes in a mini processor; pulse to combine. Combine this mixture with the remaining panko breadcrumbs in a shallow dish. Place the cornstarch in a shallow dish and the egg whites in a another separate shallow dish. Sprinkle the shrimp liberally with salt and pepper. Dredge the shrimp in the cornstarch, shaking off the excess; then dip into egg whites. Then dredge the shrimp in the panko breadcrumb mixture and press to adhere.
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat enough oil over medium heat. Add the shrimp, but do not crowd them and cook about three minutes per side insuring that they cook through. When the oil starts to get dark, I cleaned out the pan and heated fresh oil.
- Whisk together the yogurt, mayonnaise, chives, lemon juice and red pepper flakes in a small bowl. Serve with shrimp.
- Serving Size: 4
Keywords: Panko Crusted Shrimp